Sautéed Wagyu Sirloin with Bell Peppers and Onion
How to prepare and cook a Denver wagyu steak
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Cooking Method: cast iron pan
Wagyu sirloin steak, Teriyaki or Soy sauce, light brown sugar ,olive oil, chopped Italian parsley or cilantro, clove garlic, red pepper flakes, steak seasoning, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, large sweet onion, Black pepper to taste.
What you will need are the following:
- 2 lbs sirloin steak cut into 1-inch pieces
- ¼ cup Teriyaki or Soy sauce
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp olive oil plus additional for cooking
- 2 Tbsp chopped Italian parsley or cilantro
- 3 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp steak seasoning divided [i.e. Mesquite/Montreal/Chicago/ Kansas City your preference]
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and sliced
- 1 green bell pepper seeded and sliced
- 1 large sweet onion cut into thin wedges
- Black pepper to taste
Rinse, pat dry and cut the sirloin steaks into 1-inch pieces
Whisk together the teriyaki sauce, brown sugar, olive oil, chopped parsley, 3 clove minced garlic and red pepper flakes. Place into a plastic storage bag and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
Heat a few drizzles of olive oil in a large cast iron or heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sirloin tips and a couple of tablespoons of the marinade. Cook for 5-7 minutes until browned and to your preferred doneness. Season with 1 tsp of steak seasoning. Remove from the pan to a platter to rest.
Add vegetables to the same cast iron skillet you used for your sirloin tips. Cook until tender.
Add the sirloin beef tips back to the pan. Stir until heated through then serve.